Welcome

Please follow this blog to view the comings, goings, projects, homework, special events and fun of Susan Isaacson's 5th grade class at Gale Elementary.

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Parent Letter

The Wonderville Connection
October 8, 2012
Dear Parents,

I hope you all have had a wonderful Fall Break!  I certainly have!  I will be honest though, I need another week or so.  My intention for the break was to complete a fun home improvement project – paint our bedroom, bathroom and closet.  I thought I’d finish by Wednesday and have a little time to relax.  Well, by bedtime on Thursday I had finally finished the CLOSET!  Things always take so much longer than I expect!  Anyway, the closet is an absolute work of art.  I hardly wanted to move our stuff back into it!

Please look for report cards to come home on Tuesday as the second nine weeks is upon us!  Ms. Sylvian and I are sharing the teaching this week and we have lots planned!  Specifically, our academic pursuits of the week are as follows:

·         Language Arts – We are reading about the Jr. Iditarod!  Since I vacationed in Alaska last summer, I am especially excited to learn about this amazing race.

·         Social Studies – We will finish the cool movie about the constitution.  We will also go to the library for some tips on doing research.

·         Science – We will finish the human body kit and prepare for the final test.  In addition, the students doing the Human Body Learning Contract will have the chance to share their presentations on Thursday, October 11th.  Some students are doing book reports which are also due on the 11th.

·         Math – We are finishing the unit on data analysis and probability.  That unit final will be on Friday!

·         Book Club final assignments are due Friday!  I have posted the various book report options on the blog.  The kids also have access to hard copies of these documents in the classroom.

I have another personal report….all of the adorable puppies have been re-homed.  I will put some pictures of them on the blog as well for your enjoyment!

Have a great week!

Mrs. Isaacson

No comments:

Post a Comment